Newsroom > Blog
- January – We started the year with our annual partners planning session in Colorado. It was a snowy and productive time in the mountains. We then packed our bags and headed to Texas, Georgia and New York to meet with people interested in our work in Ethiopia.
- March – We held our second Women in Finance event in partnership with Enat Bank. We also traveled to Toronto, Canada to meet with a number of our Canadian IAN Members and we held two events in the city.
- April – We traveled to Ottawa to visit our friends at Global Affairs Canada! We had several meetings and had the chance to host a brown bag lunch to report our success.
- May – We helped launch Season 1 of Chigign ‘Tobiya! This show proudly works to build Ethiopia’s entrepreneurship and angel ecosystem. We also closed our 10th investment in FC Speciality.
- August – We finished the Exec’s Program with three intensive sessions where we invited the executives from both cohorts to participate. We are very excited that the results from this program are exceeding benchmarks!
- September – We expanded into our second country, Uganda! We also traveled to Wilmington DE and Charlottesville, VA to meet with members and others who were interested in learning more about our work.
- November – We closed our 11th investment in Ethiopia! RENEW and the IAN invested in ET Fresh, LLC, a company focused on increasing the branding, value and market reach of Ethiopian products into the Middle East and other markets.
- December – We helped launch Season 2 of Chigign ‘Tobiya! We also finished the year the way we started it, with a planning session, but this time in Virginia. We are planning for 2019 to be a big year.